I am being a bad blogger… normally I’d say it’s because of procrastination, but this time it really wasn’t procrastination but more simply the quantity of stuff I need to get done and too few hours.
This weekend Success Just Clicks Dog Training, Tugs by Tena, and Steel City Disc Dogs (my frisbee dog club) will have a booth and be doing demos at a fundraising event for a local rescue. I will be playing dog trainer, tug maker, and disc dogger all at one event. I’m pretty overwhelmed with the quantity of things I have to still finish/start for our big event. I got a lot of things already pulled together but I still need to:
- finish 8 tugs–braid, cut, tag
- make disc-dog posters
- pack 25 cat toys 5 treat pouches
- hang 25 tugs on two lengths of plastic ‘chain’ to hang and display
- pack up SJC–business cards, brochures, sign up sheet
- pack up TbT–Etsy information cards and product sheets
- pack up SCDC–discs, first aid kit, poster, sign up sheet, tri-fold brochure, music, vault vest
- pack chairs, tent, cooler, table, pens, clip boards, tape, zip ties, rubber mallet, paper weights, etc.
Oh, did I mention this event is Saturday morning LOL!
So, I’m being a bad blogger and leaving you with a very short video of teaching Shayne and Rio to back up. I want them to back up regardless of my movement so I’m using a rug as a rear foot target and just slowly increasing the distance the dog has to back up to hit the rug. Shayne used to have a reasonably okay back up but we haven’t worked on it for two years and we are pretty much starting on square 2 or 3 just a few feet away from the target mat.
I hope you enjoy the video!!
Hopefully I’ll get some photos or video of playing with the dogs this weekend and of our booth set up… busy busy!