Shayne’s Christmas List!
We celebrate Christmas in our home and our dogs certainly get to partake the the festivities. Every year the pups and kitties get their own stockings with presents and Shayne and Rio even get to unwrap their own presents–I figure it keeps them busy and gets them to burn through some excess energy that is totally abound on a day where family obligations keep me away from home and from exercising them very much. I love the holidays because I get to spend time with friends and family but having so many places I have to be really does put a strain on the dogs because they won’t get much attention or exercise for three days. So I definitely utilize feeding puzzles, thinking games, and “Dinner in a Box” to help burn off a little energy and feed them at the same time.
Anyhow, here is Shayne’s Christmas list that she would have sent to Santa if she had thumbs… and could write.
Shayne’s List of Happiness
1. Frisbees–there can never be enough flat plastic to throw around
2. Bullysticks–chewing releases some stress and it’s super yummy
3. Nina Ottosson Toys–The only drawback of the N.O. toys is that I can’t use them w/ raw
4. Kongs–There are never enough Kongs! I think we have kong-gnomes that steal our kongs
5. A new Flirt Pole–our old flirt pole was broken so we haven’t gotten to play with one
6. More trips to the farm to run and play!
7. Warm weather to get back to the pond–or–lots of snow for sledding!
8. More adventures with canine friends–lets go exploring
9. Venison. More venison!
10. For Rio to not push her off her dog bed by snuggling when there is another dog bed that is identical right next to her!